If you have a Dad or Brother anything like mine, you’ll know that no matter how thoughtful or creative you are with your gifts for them, they will always prefer whisky. You may feel it is impersonal or unoriginal, but they will be truly happy.
With that in mind, here is my pick of the best Christmas whisky gifts for 2020.
He (or she!) Drinks a Whisky Drink
No whisky lover will be disappointed after unwrapping the iconic Johnnie Walker Blue Label. Rich and a little smoky, it’s a legend for a reason.
- This impressively presented bottle is available on Master of Malt.
- If Johnnie Blue is out of your budget, then I recommend the Green Label.
Glenfiddich released this IPA Single Malt Whisky to great fanfare a couple of years ago, and the bottle bought for my beer-loving husband is long gone. It’s a great gift for someone who loves both beer and whisky and likes the idea of them coming together in a citrusy, tangy single malt.
The copper packaging is also beautiful and would take pride of place on any drinks shelf.
- First Single Malt Scotch Whisky Finished In Ipa Craft Beer Casks
- Imbued With Unique Zesty Citrus Notes Of Ripe Green Apple
- Fresh Hops Followed By A Long Lasting Sweetness
- Alcohol By Volume 43 Percent
- Rich Golden Colour Makes It Special For All
Japanese whisky continues to enjoy huge growth in international markets, and it’s a real treat for a whisky lover. Nikka’s Whisky from the Barrel is one of the best known and loved here in the UK, for good reason. This blended whisky has impressive depth of flavour and comes in at a really reasonable price point too.
- Available from Master of Malt
That Boutique-y Whisky Company brings something new to a very traditional industry. They bottle limited edition whisky’s from around the world and produce their own blends as well. But it’s their graphic-novel style labels that have got people talking and appeal to younger audiences and those new to whisky. For a gift you can’t go wrong with this set of Scotch miniatures.
The Whisky Exchange are offering a personalised service for their hand-picked single-cask whiskies aged 10-25 years. You can choose your label design and write your own message too.
Whisky Drinking Gifts
Most of us have a bunch of those whisky ‘stones’ rattling around at the back of the freezer. When getting kit rather than whisky itself, it’s important to choose only items that really add value to the drinking experience.
This ice cube mould from Corkcicle does just that, enhancing rather than confusing the whisky, chilling without watering down.
- AN ARTFUL WAY TO ENJOY DRINKS - Corkcicle Whiskey Wedge keeps drinks perfectly chilled but not watered down.
- PERFECT BARWARE GIFT - Comes in a giftbox, a perfect gift for whiskey or barware lovers and design enthusiasts.
- INNOVATIVE WAY OF KEEPING COCKTAILS COLD - Pour over cocktails, with the wedge keeping your drinks cold.
- HANDMADE GLASS INCLUDED - The freezer safe glass and mould is included, just simply freeze water in the glass with the mould, and a wedge will form on one side.
Etsy is always a great place to find unique and unusual gifts. They have a huge selection of whisky-related gifts; my pick are a set of cufflinks crafted from a whisky barrel. They’d be a great option for the 5th – wood – wedding anniversary too.
For the whisky-lover who really does have everything, how about these scotch-infused toothpicks? A guaranteed talking point at the end of a dinner party.