Regular Bacchanalian readers will know that our spoiled pup Indy has already tried and enjoyed some doggy beers.
While we aren’t the kind of dog-parents that bake him birthday cake and wrap him presents, we do give him the occasional (daily) treat. It’s more for us than him, as he is more than happy to drink from muddy puddles and gutters, and eat whatever he finds on the floor.
We debated whether Christmas dog food is really in the spirit of this blog but as soon as we looked into Indy’s deep brown eyes, we knew we had to investigate…
If I was considerably richer than I am, I’d love to feed Indy on Lily’s Kitchen dog food. It looks delicious and promises proper tasty cuts with no additives. They even have a Royal Warrant!
If it’s good enough for the corgis…
Their Christmas Proper Treats Gift Box includes turkey bites, beef burgers and venison sausages.
Ever-reliable Pets At Home have the biggest selection of Christmassy dog treats out there, including brands like Pedigree and Hollings and a huge own-brand range. We vote for the pigs in blankets.
Maybe you think your dog is super smart? Perhaps you should invest in some personalised dog treats. These fairly boring looking Christmas star and cracker biscuits come complete with the name of your furry friend. I’m sure he’ll appreciate that…
Most dog treats don’t look that appetising, but I’d quite happily chow down on this one alongside Indy based on looks alone. With yogurt frosting and carrot sprinkles, this Christmas biscuit bone is even wheat-free for those pets with sensitive tummies.
Christmas Jumpers for Dogs
And just in case the food isn’t enough, or you need something a bit more visual for the ‘Gram, kit your pup out in one of these doggy Christmas jumpers while feeding him his Christmas dinner.
This snowy vintage scene is complete with reindeer, which I’m sure the dog would refuse to wear and bark at if he knew…
- Back Length 30cm, Chest Girth 40cm-46cm, Neck 30cm; Measure your dog from the base of the Neck to the base of the tail for Back Length
- Made of soft and comfortable 100% acrylic material
- Matching men's women’s jumper (B072FNVNPF), throw blanket (B07142W1WV) and Christmas themed collars(B010ES6R40) are available separately in Blueberry Pet. Share the love and merry with your pets
- Timeless classic turtleneck with smartly designed leash/harness hole. You can easily put any collar or harness and walk your dog without any hassle
- Machine-washable with similar color items in cold water on the gentle cycle
Staying with the personalised option, this little Santa jumper can be adorned with your precious pupper’s name.
Even the human-shops are getting in on the act – Next are offering this ‘jolly holidays’ jumper for dogs who don’t celebrate Christmas.